|The HP 7500 Switch Series is a versatile modular switch designed to meet the evolving needs of integrated services networks. It can be deployed at the enterprise LAN core, aggregation layer and wiring closet edge and offers 40GbE connectivity, cost-effective wire-speed 10GbE ports, high density PoE/PoE+, advanced functionality with service modules and BYOD-ready features with the wired-WLAN module.
With HP Intelligent Resilient Fabric (IRF) technology, the HP 7500 Switch Series can be virtualized across four chassis with a single management interface—enabling flatter, more agile networks.|
- Versatile Switch Delivers Intelligent, Real-time Services for the Campus.
The HP 7500 Switch Series consists of modular switches designed to meet the evolving network demands of the enterprise LAN core, aggregation layer, and edge. This series offers 40GbE connectivity and cost-effective 10GbE ports for mission-critical applications and high-speed communications. Broad offering of interfaces include 40GbE connectivity, cost-effective wire-speed 10GbE and high density PoE/PoE+ of up to 460 PoE/PoE+ ports for IP phones and cameras. BYOD-ready features with the wired-WLAN module deliver mobility, including support for up 1,024 access points per module, N+1, N+N, and 1+1 redundancy with sub-second failovers, IPv4/IPv6 and end-to-end QoS, and flexible forwarding modes as well as Wi-Fi clear connect radio-frequency. No hidden costs with license-free software with Layer 2 and 3 feature set including IPv6, MPLS functionality, and robust QoS.
- Scalable Architecture for a Secure, High Performance Network.
The HP 7500 Switch Series supports a maximum of 1,152 Gb/s switching capacity with a 2.4 Tb/s backplane, delivering enhanced performance and future expansion capability. Delivers up to 714 Mb/s throughput with dual fabrics performing all switching and routing functions in the I/O modules while meeting the current and future demands of an enterprise's bandwidth-intensive applications. HP Intelligent Resilient Fabric (IRF) allows up to four 7500 Switch Series chassis to be virtualized into a single switching/routing fabric that improves network performance and resiliency, that simplifies deployment and management. Open application architecture enables fully-integrated high-performance application-specific modules, such as Unified wired-WLAN module and a 20 Gbps Firewall Module, providing end-to-end BYOD infrastructure and advanced security.
- Robust Security and QoS Controls.
The HP 7500 Switch Series includes a robust set of security and quality of services features to build a trusted network that meets your ever-changing corporate policies and compliances. Flexible authentication options include 802.1X, MAC and Web Authentication, and Endpoint Admission Defense, providing you with greater security and policy-driven application authentication. Advanced distributed denial of service (DDOS) protection, such as DHCP Snooping, IP Source Guard, and ARP Protection, and flexible traffic controls such - as policy-based routing, QoS, and ACLs, are available to manage end-to-end application priorities. Included with the 7500 Switch Series are a powerful set of multilevel-access security controls, such as varying security management login, RADIUS, SSH, TACACS/TACACS+, to protect and control change management access.
- Single Management View of the Network.
The HP 7500 Switch Series can be seamlessly managed with IMC which provides end-to-end network transparency with consistent network experience through comprehensive configuration, compliance and policy management. Integrated security and unified wired and wireless networks.
- High-density port connectivity: up to 10 interface module slots; up to 40 40-GbE ports, 84 10GbE ports, 480 Fiber Gigabit ports, or 480 PoE-enabled ports per HP 7500 series system. Jumbo frames: up to 9216 bytes allow high-performance backups and disaster-recovery systems. Loopback: supports internal loopback testing for maintenance purposes and an increase in availability; loopback detection protects against incorrect cabling or network configurations and can be enabled on a per-port or per-VLAN basis for added flexibility. Ethernet operations, administration and maintenance (OAM): detects data link layer problems that occurred in the "last mile" using the IEEE 802.3ah OAM standard; monitors the status of the link between the two devices. Flexible port selection: includes 100/1000BASE-X auto speed selection, 10/100/1000BASE-T auto speed detection, plus auto duplex and MDI/MDI-X.
- High-speed fully distributed architecture: 2.4 Tbps backplane supports a maximum 1152 Gbps switching capacity, providing enhanced performance and future expansion capability; with dual fabrics, the switch delivers up to 714 Mpps throughput); all switching and routing is performed in the I/O modules; meets current and future demand of an enterprise's bandwidth-intensive applications. Scalable system design: backplane is designed for bandwidth increases; provides investment protection to support future technologies and higher-speed connectivity. Flexible chassis selection: enables customers to tailor their product selection to their budget with a choice of six chassis, ranging from a 10-slot to a 2-slot chassis.
- Redundant/load-sharing fabrics, management, fan assemblies, and power supplies: increase total performance and power availability while providing hitless, stateful failover. All modules are hot-swappable: allows replacement of modules without any impact on other modules. Dual internal power supply: provides high reliability. Separate data and control paths: separates control from services and keeps service processing isolated; increases security and performance. Passive design system: delivers increased system reliability as the backplane has no active components.