|The HP 8200 zl Switch Series provides performance and resilience for enterprise edge and small core deployments. This modular switch with a 1 Tbps backplane offers redundant management, fabric and power, flexible connectivity options, PoE+ and a robust Layer 3 feature set with no software licensing. Architected with a purpose-built HP Networking ASIC, the 8200 zl Switch Series delivers wire-speed classification and policy enforcement, supports virtualization with HP AllianceOne solutions and is Software-defined Network (SDN) ready with OpenFlow support.|
- Performance, Resilience and SDN Ready for the Campus Network.
The HP 8200 zl Switch Series provides performance and resilience for enterprise edge and small core deployments. This modular switch offers redundant management, fabric and power, robust Layer 3 feature set including IPv4 BGP, policy based routing, and IPv4/IPv6 OSPF with no software licensing. Purpose-built HP Networking ASIC delivers wire-speed classification and policy enforcement. This hardware-based control of access and traffic allows protection, detection and response to network threats with no network performance degradation. 6 or 12 slot chassis with flexible connectivity support for 10/100, Gigabit Ethernet and 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GBASE-T and SFP+), and PoE+. Virtualization with versatile HP AllianceOne service modules. SDN ready with OpenFlow 1.3 support for future proofing your network.
- Redundant Management, Fabric and Power.
The HP 8200 zl Switch Series supports redundant management, fabric and power for enhanced system availability and continuity of operations. Nonstop switching improves network availability to better support critical applications such as unified communications and mobility because the interface and fabric modules continue switching traffic during failover from active to the standby management module. Nonstop routing enhances Layer 3 high availability. OSPFv2/v3 and VRRP will continue to operate and route network traffic during failover. Redundant fan design and hot-swapable fan tray provides continuity of operation in case of a single fan failure.
- Security and Quality of Service.
The HP 8200 zl Switch Series includes security and quality of services features so your network can more securely deliver the performance your users require. Flexible authentication options include Local MAC Authentication, 802.1X, MAC and Web Authentication, for enhanced security and policy-driven application authentication. Advanced distributed denial of service (DDOS) protection, such as DHCP Snooping, IP Source Guard, and ARP Protection, and flexible traffic controls, such as policy-based routing, QoS, and ACLs, to manage end-to-end application priorities. Powerful multilevel-access security controls, such as varying security management login, RADIUS/TACACS+, and SSH to enhance security and control change management access. Defend the edge of your IPv6 Network with DHCPv6 Protection and Dynamic IPv6 Lockdown.
- Single View of the Network.
The HP 8200 zl Switch Series can be seamlessly managed with HP Intelligent Management Center (IMC) Software Platform to provide end-to-end network transparency with consistent network experience through comprehensive configuration, compliance and policy management. RMON, XRMON and sFlow provide advanced monitoring and reporting capabilities for statistics, history, alarms and events.
- High-density port connectivity: provides 12 interface module slots, up to 288 wire-speed 10/100/1000 PoE-enabled ports, or 96 10-GbE ports per system. IEEE 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet: lowers power consumption in periods of low-link usage (supported on v2 zl 10/100/1000 and 10/100 modules). IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet (PoE): provides up to 15.4 W per port to IEEE 802.3af-compliant PoE-powered devices such as IP phones, wireless access points, and security cameras. IEEE 802.3at Power Over Ethernet Plus: provides up to 30 W per port to IEEE 802.3 for PoE-/PoE+-powered devices such as video IP phones, IEEE 802.11n wireless access points, and advanced pan/zoom/tilt security cameras. Jumbo frames: on Gigabit Ethernet and 10-Gigabit ports, jumbo frames allow high-performance remote backup and disaster-recovery services.
- High-speed, high-capacity architecture: 1.12 Tbps crossbar switching fabric provides intra- and inter-module switching with 739.2 million pps throughput on the purpose-built HP ProVision ASICs. Selectable queue configurations: allows for increased performance by selecting the number of queues and associated memory buffering that best meet the requirements of the network applications. Scalable system design: chassis architecture/backplane provides built-in performance capacity/headroom to support next-generation high-density/high-speed connectivity.
- Nonstop switching: improves network availability to better support critical applications such as unified communication and mobility; interface and fabric modules continue switching traffic during failover from active to standby management module. Nonstop routing: enhances Layer 3 high availability; OSPFv2/v3 and VRRP will continue to operate and route network traffic during failover from an active to a standby management module. Redundant management, fabric, and power: provide enhanced system availability and continuity of operations. Distributed trunking: enables loop-free and redundant network topology without using Spanning Tree Protocol; allows a server or switch to connect to two switches using one logical trunk for redundancy and load sharing. IEEE 802.1s Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol: provides high link availability in multiple VLAN environments by allowing multiple spanning trees; encompasses IEEE 802.1D Spanning Tree Protocol and IEEE 802.1w Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol.