|The HP 3500 yl Switch Series provides performance and ease of use for enterprise edge and branch office deployments that require PoE+. Based on a HP Networking ASIC, the 3500 yl has low latency with increased packet buffering and an optional module for 10GbE ports. The 3500 yl has a robust Layer 3 feature set with IPv4 BGP, policy based routing, and IPv4/IPv6 OSPF, and can be seamlessly managed with the optional HP Intelligent Management Center (IMC) Software Platform. Software-defined Network (SDN) ready with support for OpenFlow.|
- Performance and SDN Ready Access Switches.
The HP 3500 yl Switch Series provides performance and ease of use for enterprise edge and branch office deployments. Full Layer 3 switch series for flexible deployment with 24- or 48-Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ ports with slot for modular 10GbE ports. Advanced Layer 3 feature set including IPv4 BGP, policy based routing, IPv4/IPv6 OSPF, and robust QoS. Software-defined Network (SDN) ready with OpenFlow 1.3 support for future proofing your network.
- Power at the Edge.
The HP 3500 yl Switch Series uses an HP Networking ASIC providing low latency and increased packet buffering. Supports up 12-ports of PoE+ using only the internal power supply and up to 24-ports of PoE+ with the HP 630 RPS/EPS. Selectable queue configurations enables increased performance by selecting the number of queues and associated memory buffering that best meet the requirements of the network applications.
- Security and Quality of Service.
The HP 3500 yl Switch Series includes security and quality of services features to build enhanced network security that meets ever-changing corporate policies and compliances. Flexible authentication options include Local MAC Authentication, 802.1X, MAC and Web Authentication modes, delivering greater security and policy-driven application authentication. Advanced distributed denial of service (DDOS) protection, such as DHCP Snooping, IP Source Guard, and ARP Protection, and flexible traffic controls, such as policy-based routing, QoS, and ACLs, to manage end-to-end application priorities. Powerful multilevel-access security controls, such as varying security management login, RADIUS/TACACS+, and SSH to enhance security and control change management access. Defend the edge of your IPv6 network with DHCPv6 Protection and Dynamic IPv6 Lockdown.
- Single View of the Network.
The HP 3500 yl Switch Series can be seamlessly managed with the optional HP Intelligent Management Center (IMC) Software Platform to provide end-to-end network transparency with consistent network experience through comprehensive configuration, compliance and policy management. RMON, XRMON and sFlow provide advanced monitoring and reporting capabilities for statistics, history, alarms and events.
- High-speed/capacity architecture: up to 153.6 Gbps crossbar switching fabric provides intra- and inter-module switching with up to 111.5 million pps throughput on the purpose-built ProVision ASICs. Selectable queue configurations: allows for increased performance by selecting the number of queues and associated memory buffering that best meet the requirements of the network applications.
- Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (requires Premium License): allows groups of two routers to dynamically back each other up to create highly available routed environments. IEEE 802.1s Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol: provides high link availability in multiple VLAN environments by allowing multiple spanning trees; encompasses IEEE 802.1D Spanning Tree Protocol and IEEE 802.1w Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol. IEEE 802.3ad Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) and HP port trunking: support up to 144 trunks, each with up to eight links (ports) per trunk. Distributed trunking: enables loop-free and redundant network topology without using Spanning Tree Protocol; allows a server or switch to connect to two switches using one logical trunk for redundancy and load sharing. Uplink Failure Detection: provides active-standby network path redundancy for servers that are configured for active-standby NIC teaming.
- IEEE 802.1ad Q-in-Q (requires Premium License): increases the scalability of an Ethernet network by providing a hierarchical structure; connects multiple LANs on a high-speed campus or metro network. HP switch meshing: dynamically load-balances across multiple active redundant links to increase available aggregate bandwidth. VLAN support and tagging: supports the IEEE 802.1Q standard and 2,048 VLANs simultaneously. IEEE 802.1v protocol VLANs: isolate select non-IPv4 protocols automatically into their own VLANs. GARP VLAN Registration Protocol: allows automatic learning and dynamic assignment of VLANs.