|This highest-performance family of access points improves productivity. HP is the first in the industry to offer three spatial stream MIMO technology to enterprise businesses. This brings IEEE 802.11n near Gigabit Ethernet performance to 900 Mbps and enhances coverage areas with beamforming technology. These APs deliver the highest performance in 802.11n AP technology with outstanding price and performance. Each dual radio 802.11n access point operates in the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands, providing backward compatibility for IEEE 802.11a/b/g legacy client devices. These APs can operate with or without a wireless controller and support all the same enterprise features as the prior HP MSM wireless products, in addition to new features, such as beamforming, bandsteering, and concurrent 5 GHz operation.
The MSM466 and MSM466-R access points also support a range of MIMO antennas, while the MSM466-R access point is in an outdoor enclosure and is designed to work under adverse conditions.|
- IEEE 802.1p prioritization: delivers data to devices based on the priority and type of traffic. Wireless: has the L2/L3/L4 classifications of IEEE 802.1p VLAN priority, SpectraLink SVP, and DiffServ;Wi-Fi MultiMedia (WMM), IEEE 802.11e EDCF, and Service-Aware priority are assigned by VSC; has a maximum VoIP call capacity of 12 active calls on IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n. SpectraLink voice priority (SVP) support: prioritizes SpectraLink voice IP packets sent from a SpectraLink NetLink SVP server to SpectraLink wireless voice handsets to help ensure excellent voice quality. Network management: is fully manageable using HP Manager and HP Mobility Manager; has SNMP v2c, SNMP v3, MIB-II with Traps, and RADIUS Authentication Client MIB (RFC 2618); has embedded HTML management tool with secure access (SSL and VPN); provides scheduled configuration and firmware upgrades from central server. Diagnostic: - Client event log records association, authentication, and DHCP events. - Packet capture tool for Ethernet and IEEE 802.11 interfaces (PCAP format). - Data rate matrix.
- Protection against rogue IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n access points and wireless clients: HP RF Manager and MSM415 RF Security Sensors continuously scan for detection, classification, and prevention of wireless threats on IEEE 802.11a/b/g and 802.11n wireless networks. 24 x 7 detection, classification, and prevention capabilities: HP RF Manager and MSM415 RF Security Sensors continuously protect your wireless network from security threats.
- IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet (PoE) support: simplifies deployment and dramatically reduces installation costs by helping to eliminate the time and cost involved in supplying local power at each access point location. Auto-MDIX: automatically adjusts for straight-through or crossover cables on the Ethernet interface.
- Three spatial stream MIMO technology: provides the latest in Wi-Fi technology, which allows for 450 Mbps of signaling per radio; delivers a more than 50 percent increase in performance over any two spatial stream product. Beamforming: provides better coverage area and better performance at distances from the AP. Bandsteering: steers wireless clients to the 5 GHz band for outstanding performance. Concurrent operation in the 5 GHz band: provides ability to run both radios in the 5 GHz band for outstanding performance (MSM466 and MSM466-R access points only). MSM430/460 antenna: high-gain embedded antennas (4 dBi antenna at 2.4 GHz and 7 dBi antenna at 5 GHz) provide excellent coverage without the added cost of external antennas; two indoor ceiling-mountable antennas and two pole-/wall-mountable indoor/outdoor antennas fit specific needs.
- Choice of IEEE 802.11i, WPA2, or WPA: locks out unauthorized wireless access by authenticating users prior to granting network access; robust Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) or Temporal Key Integrity Protocol (TKIP) encryption secures the data integrity of wireless traffic. Local wireless bridge client traffic filtering: when enabled, prevents communication between wireless devices associated with the same access point. IEEE 802.1X Authentication: provides port-based user authentication with support for Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) MD5, TLS, TTLS, and PEAP with the choice of AES and TKIP encryption to protect wireless traffic between authenticated clients and the access point.
- Lifetime warranty: for indoor access points, for as long as you own the product with advance replacement and next-business-day delivery (available in most countries)†. 1-year warranty: for outdoor access points, with advance replacement and next-business-day delivery (available in most countries). Electronic and telephone support: limited electronic and telephone support is available from HP; to reach our support centers, refer to www.hp.com/networking/contact-support; for details on the duration of support provided with your product purchase, refer to www.hp.com/networking/warrantysummary. Software releases: to find software for your product, refer to www.hp.com/networking/support; for details on the software releases available with your product purchase, refer to www.hp.com/networking/warrantysummary.