|The HP MSM460 Access Point is a dual radio IEEE 802.11n indoor access point, supporting three spatial stream MIMO; for use in the Americas and similar markets.|
|The HP MSM 802.11n Dual Radio Access Point Series works in unison with the HP controllers to deliver a high performance WLAN solution. Offering near gigabit client access and increased reliability they are ideal for voice and multi-media communications while providing full compatibility with legacy 802.11 clients and existing HP wireless controllers.
Built-in Spectral Analysis and integrated Wireless IDS/IPS provides detection, classification and intelligent avoidance of non-802.11 interference and comprehensive threat protection. Access points can be deployed in managed or autonomous mode.|
- Enhanced Wi-Fi Performance.
The HP MSM 802.11n Dual Radio Access Point Series is the first three spatial stream 802.11n access point product in the industry to deliver near gigabit client access for enhanced voice and rich media applications. Supports both centralized and distributed traffic forwarding offering enhanced application performance and WLAN scalability. Provides advanced QoS for voice and video communication supporting IEEE 802.1p traffic priority handling for Microsoft® Lync® and Spectralink® Voice Priority (SVP). Extends network availability with self-healing, self-optimizing local mesh.
- Improved Coverage and Reliability.
The HP MSM 802.11n Dual Radio Access Point Series optimizes WLAN coverage and reliability with Wi-Fi Clear Connect automatic power adjustment, real-time identification of interference, and intelligent channel switching. Enhances the user experience with airtime fairness, providing equal RF transmission time for wireless clients in mixed client environments. Extends RF coverage with transmit beamforming and improve client performance by automatically redirecting 5 GHz-capable clients to the less-congested 5 GHz spectrum. Supports concurrent 5 GHz operation (MSM466 and MSM466-R) improving noise immunity, and channel availability in high density Wi-Fi environments.
- Comprehensive Security.
The HP MSM 802.11n Dual Radio Access Point Series provides comprehensive threat protection with integrated IDS offering granular threat detection and location tacking capabilities. Simplifies client authentication with support internal and external authentication, authorization and accounting servers, per user VLAN mapping and authentication. Locks out unauthorized wireless access by authenticating users prior to granting network access and secure data integrity of the wireless traffic with Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) or Temporal Key Integrity Protocol (TKIP).
- Investment Protection.
The HP MSM 802.11n Dual Radio Access Point Series provides indoor 802.11n Dual Radio indoor access points delivers industry leading Limited Lifetime Warranty 2.0 and 3 year 24x7 phone support. Provides interoperability with all IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n client devices through Wi-Fi Alliance certifications.
- Integrated IDS support: Automated AP and client classification: reduces manual effort (administrator can override AP classification). Comprehensive detection capabilities: detects a wide range of attacks. Flexible event reporting: enables configuration of which events will result in notifications. Location tracking capabilities: helps identify the rogue device location. Flexible deployment models: supports time slicing or dedicating a radio to detect full-time. - see the controller datasheet. IEEE 802.1X support: provides port-based user authentication with support for Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) MD5, TLS, TTLS, and PEAP with choice of AES, TKIP, and static or dynamic WEP encryption for protecting wireless traffic between authenticated clients and the access point. Choice of IEEE 802.11i, WPA2, or WPA: locks out unauthorized wireless access by authenticating users prior to granting network access; robust Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) or Temporal Key Integrity Protocol (TKIP) encryption secures the data integrity of wireless traffic. TKIP/WEP encryption : is supported only on legacy IEEE 802.11a/b/g clients as it has been deprecated from the IEEE 802.11n standard. Local wireless bridge client traffic filtering: prevents communication between wireless devices associated with the same access point.
- RFC support: refer to the "Mobility Specification Sheet" for a list of RFCs and other industry standards supported by the MSM solution at http://h17007.www1.hp.com/docs/mobility/4AA3-3883ENW.pdf. TAA-compliant versions available: for U.S. government manufactured sales requirements, order theTAA variant of the MSM430, MSM460, and MSM466 access point(all MSM466-R units are TAA approved).
- Lifetime warranty 2.0: for indoor access points, Advance hardware replacement for as long as you own the product with next-business-day delivery (available in most countries)†. 1-year Warranty 2.0: for outdoor access points, Advance hardware replacement with next-business-day delivery (available in most countries). Electronic and telephone support: for indoor access points, limited 24x7 telephone support is available from HP for the first 3 years; limited electronic and business hours telephone support is available from HP for the entire warranty period; to reach our support centers, refer to
Service and Support provided by:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed...